1. This disease _____ itself in yellowness of the skin and eyes.
A. manifests B. modifies C. magnifies D. exposes
2. In the _____ of human life honors and rewards tend to fall to those who show their good qualities in action.
A. ring B. terrace C. arena D. ground
3. The coupon _____ you to at least 50% off the regular price of either frames or lenses when you buy both.
利记网上A. entitles B. tips C. presents D. credits
利记网上4. Which of the following indicates a correct intonation pattern?
A. Did you have a↑fever or a↓headache?
B. Did you have a↑fever or a↑headache?
C. Did you have a↓fever or a↓headache?
D. Did you have a↓fever or a↑headache?
利记网上5. Which of the following is a voiceless bilabial stop?
利记网上A. /b/ B. /m/ C. /w/ D. /p/
利记网上6. The experienced writer is skilled in handling his words, just _____ the builder is skilled in handing his bricks.
A. as B. so C. thus D. like
7. It is politely requested by the hotel management that radios _____ after10 o'clock at night.
A. did not play B. not to play C. not be played D. were not be played
8. Which of the following italicized phrase indicates a purpose?
A. She said it for fun, but others took it seriously.
利记网上B. For all its efforts, the team didn't win the match.
利记网上C. Linda has worked for the firm for 20 years.
D. He set out for Beijing yesterday.
利记网上9. There are _____ syllables and _____ phonemes in the word “determine”.
A. 3; 8 B. 3; 7 C. 2; 6 D. 3; 6
利记网上10. The pair of words “buy” and “sell” are _____ opposites.
A. gradable B. relational C. complementary D. dialectal
11. The inductive method differs from the deductive one in that it enables learners to arrive at ____ on the basis of examples.
利记网上A. generalizations B. solutions C. understanding D. decision
12. What is not the major purpose of asking students to give a report after the group discussion in a reading class?
利记网上A. To pool ideas.
B. To correct mistakes.
利记网上C. To encourage language use.
利记网上D. To practice oral English.
利记网上13. Which of the following is a kind of information gap activities in class?
A. Pattern drills. B. Making a survey.
利记网上C. Sentence transformation. D. Forming sentences.
利记网上14. What would a teacher ask students to do if he/she intends to develop their skimming skill?
A. To rewrite the text.
B. To read for the specific information.
C. To predict the content of the text.
D. To read for the general idea of the text.