S/C No. 89PT/7206-1
利记网上It was really a surprise to us, when inspection of this merchandise was being made in Hamburg warehouse, as tremendous quantities were found with open scams so that customer refused to accept this merchandise.
利记网上We are therefore suggesting the following solutions:
1. Replace the whole quantity immediately by air-freighting in order to meet the deadline.
2. Air-freight, at least 20,000 to 30,000 pieces free of charge for replacement.
3. Assort the goods immediately to take out all detectives, which costs about US$0.80 per piece, as it would be rather time-consuming.
4. For the pieces that will be sorted out and not replaced, a strong penalty will be charged to us, which naturally must be borne by you.
5. An international honored surveyor already has been instructed to inspect the goods and to issue a respective report.
To be frank, we are very much depressed about this claim as we tried everything to bring in your company into the big business, which was placed before in Korea, mostly without having any problems. Hoping you will find a way to give us immediate solutions and please discuss everything personally with our managing director Mr. Panzer Roabe.
We are sorry about the poor quality of the goods under S/C No. 89PT/7206-1, and are now sending you, enclosed, one Negotiation Memorandum referring to the solutions to the problem. Please return it with your signature after your reading. Otherwise we will not be allowed to import raw material for producing 20,000 pieces as replacement, for it is imperative that we hand a relative agreement or some relative documents agreed by both of us to Shanghai Customs before importing any raw material. We hope that you can understand our position.
利记网上Many thanks for your kind cooperation and we are looking forward to hearing from you.
利记网上Encl. A Negotiation Memorandum
利记网上11. What is Mail 1?
利记网上A. A complaint letter B. A business establishing letter
C. An order letter D. An inquiry letter
利记网上12. What is Mail 2?
利记网上A. A letter of adjustment B. A letter of complaint
C. A letter of quotation D. A letter of asking for extension
利记网上13. How many pieces of goods may the author need for replacement, according to Mail 1?
利记网上A. 10000 B. 15000 C. 25000 D. 40000
利记网上14. What is the author’s possible mood while writing this letter (Mail 1)?
A. Outraged B. Disappointed
利记网上C. Indifferent D. Angry
15. Which one is incorrect according to the two mails?
利记网上A. The producer has goods in stock.
B. A lot of goods are not in good quality.
C. Mr. Panzer’s company used to have business with Korean company.
D. An examiner has already been instructed to issue a report.